Cupcake Elves are fun and easy to make. They are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face before and after they are eaten.
| Prep: |
| Cook: |
| Level: |
| Serves: |
- FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 1-½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2-⅔ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1-¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¾ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoons Salt
- ⅓ cups Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- 3 heads Large Eggs, Room Temperature
- ½ cups Full-fat Sour Cream
- ⅓ cups Canola Oil Or Vegetable Oil
- 1-½ Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract Or Concentrate
- ¾ cups Whole Milk
- FOR THE DECORATION:
- 24 whole Waffle Ice Cream Cones
- 1-½ ounce, weight Edible Green Spray Dye
- 16 ounces, weight Tub Of Icing Or Your Favorite Recipe (any Flavor)
- 48 whole Cashews
- ¾ ounces, weight Black Decorating Gel
- 3 ounces, weight Red Hot Candies
This cupcake recipe is adapted from Cupcake Project’s “The Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake.”
1. Spray cones with edible food dye. Let dry.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF. For the cupcakes, in a mixer, mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then add the butter and mix till crumbly.
3. In a medium size bowl whisk together eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla extract until smooth. Slowly pour egg mixture into the crumbly flour mixture.
4. Once well combined, gradually add the milk. The batter will be liquid, similar to pancake batter. Line 24 cupcake spots in a cupcake pan and fill 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 14 minutes, check with a toothpick. If not done, check every minute after that. Cupcakes should not brown.
5. When done, remove liners and let cool completely. Then take your icing and place in a piping bag. Pipe a small circle on the top of the cupcake to hold the cone in place. Next pipe more frosting to create fluff around the bottom of the cone and a little on the tip of the cone. Adhere the cashews to the sides of the cupcake by pushing them into the frosting. Then create a face with the gel and a Red Hot candy for the nose.