These heart-shaped brownie treats are the perfect way to “I love you” to your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day — they’re sweet, delicious, and made with chocolate-y goodness. After all, what better way is there to treat your loved ones on Valentine’s than with a scrumptious dessert? Plus, if you’re too busy writing valentines to bake brownies from scratch, you can totally use store-bought mix — just remember to pipe on a personalized message in frosting for an extra sweet touch your S.O. will love.
YIELDS: 16 servings
TOTAL TIME: 0 hours 40 mins
unsweetened chocolate4 oz.
semisweet chocolate1/2 c.
all-purpose flour1/2 c.
unsweetened cocoa1/2 tsp.
large eggs1 c.
granulated sugar1 c.
packed brown sugar2 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 13-inch by 9-inch pan with foil; grease.
- In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter and chocolates on low, stirring. Remove from heat.
- In bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, and salt. In large bowl, with mixer on high speed, beat eggs until blended. Gradually add sugars; beat 10 minutes or until tripled in volume.
- Fold in chocolates mixture and vanilla, then flour mixture. Pour into pan. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out almost clean.
- Once cool, cut brownies into hearts freehand or using a heart-shaped cookie cutter. (Tip: Don’t let the trimmings go to waste — you can even crumble them onto a sundae!)
- Pipe on store-bought frosting to create cute chocolate “conversation hearts.”